Yields 4 Servings
Curry powder conspires here with the cauliflower to produce a full-flavored blended soup that's creamy on the palate without including any actual cream. Perfect for the dairy-free crowd!
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cauliflower head (broken into florets)
- 3-4 tsp yellow curry
- 2-3 cups of vegetable, almond or coconut milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- Saute onion and garlic in a large casserole and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 10 min.)
- Add cauliflower, curry powder and vegetable stock, cover and simmer on low until cauliflower is very tender (about 40 min.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more curry powder if you like.
- Working in batches, carefully purée in a blender until smooth.
* If you find the texture to be grainy, work the puree through a double meshed strainer.