Yields 1 ½ Cups
- ½ cup tamari
- 3-4 limes (zested & juiced)
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 5 Tbsp ginger (minced)
- 4 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 10-12 sprigs of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients together, add the fish for 30 minutes.
- If placing on the grill, spray the fish with pan spray, as well as the grill, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. (If your steaks are more than an inch thick, consider moving the steak to the oven to finish or onto a foil plate and baste with more marinade.)
Yields 1 Cup
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup, chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp parsley (3 sprigs chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Remove tuna from the refrigerator and season with salt on both sides.
- Combine all the ingredients in bowl with a whisk. Once you have adjusted the marinade to your taste, add the tuna steaks and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- For Grilled Tuna:
- Preheat grill to medium, turn to low just before placing the tuna on the grill. Spray both sides of marinated fish liberally, as well as the grill.
- Grill the fish (without moving) until grill marks form (approx 1 min) and bottom surface is opaque, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Carefully flip, cooking until grill marks form on second side.
- For Rare: 1 ½ minutes (opaque with a translucent red center)
- For Medium Rare: 3 minutes (opaque with a reddish pink center)
- For Baked Tuna: Preheat oven to 350 and place the marinated tuna in a sprayed casserole dish. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes.