Yields 3 Servings
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 lemon (zested & juiced)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/8 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 yellow or orange pepper (diced)
- 4-5 sprigs fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2-3 scallions (sliced)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes (halved—optional)
- ¼-½ cup black and or green olives (chopped)
- ¾ cup of feta cheese (crumbled)
- Place quinoa in strainer and rinse under running water.
- Put quinoa and broth in saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Spread out over a sheet pan to cool.
- Combine lemon zest, juice, garlic & pepper. Set aside.
- Combine vegetables in a bowl. Add in the feta and allow to sit together for 10 minutes. Stir in cooled quinoa,parsley and dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Options : Add pulled Grilled Chicken, Poached Fish, Shrimp or Calamari