Yields 2 Dozen Cookies
- 8 oz dates (hydrated in 1 cup of boiling water for 5-10 minutes)
- 1 cups of rolled oats (ground into a flour)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup Manitoba harvest hemp seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (or ginger, allspice or cayenne)
- 3-4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of almond (or cashew) butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Combine the ground oats, coconut, hemp seeds, cinnamon, cocoa powder and salt in a blender. Blend into a fine powder and transfer into a bowl.
Chop the chocolate chunks and combine with the dry ingredients.
In the blender, puree the dates and the water into a fine paste. Pour the date paste into the dry ingredients and add the nut butter.
Combine the wet and the dry together with your hands. Roll into small balls and press your thumb into the center, creating a well for jam or press flat into a pan (lined with plastic or parchment paper) and cut into squares. Chill to set.