Yields 9 Servings
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp Ener-g egg replacer (whisk with a ¼ cup water)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (Valrhona is suggested)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the sugars and applesauce.
- Whisk Ener-G egg replacer with ¼ cup water & beat beat in with almond milk, vanilla and vinegar.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients & stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9x9 pan and bake until set. (15-20 minutes)